From the VIUFA Terms of Reference:
The Status of Women Committee shall work to improve the Vancouver Island University environment by addressing issues of concern to women.
- chair meetings of their committee;
- attend meetings of their FPSE committee; and
- report on the activities of their committee to the Executive and to general meetings as required.
- Endeavour to form a committee with a minimum of 3 VIUFA members (including the Chair), and meet at least twice annually;
- Work cooperatively, as appropriate and feasible, with university and student bodies and local organizations involved in activities that aim to raise awareness of women’s issues and improve the quality of life of all women;
- Organize and support events and activities that raise awareness of and address women’s issues (examples: Sisters in Spirit, December 6th vigil, International Women’s Day, etc.);
- Remain cognizant of government policies and VIU and VIUFA policies that affect women;
- Work cooperatively with other FPSE Status of Women Committees;
- Communicate information about campus or community events that deal with women’s issues;
- Attend appropriate university and community meetings, for example Nanaimo Women’s Action Committee, VIU’s Sexual Conduct Education and Response Steering Committee.
- Attend Executive and General Membership Meetings;
- Represent VIUFA on other committees or at meetings as requested by the President and VIUFA Executive; and
- Report at Executive meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
1 Section of Release