From the VIUFA Terms of Reference:
- representing the Association at meetings of their FPSE Committee; and
- reporting back to the Association Executive about the activities and decisions of their FPSE Committee.
- On a regular basis, inform the VIUFA Executive and members about the overall health of the College Pension Plan;
- Inform the VIUFA Executive and members about changes to pension benefits;
- Support FPSE’s efforts to improve pension benefits;
- Review and monitor the current investment policies of the College Pension Plan, especially with regard to Socially Responsible Investing (SRI) standards and strategies;
- Respond to VIUFA members’ questions about the College Pension Plan and about members’ Benefit Statements;
- Communicate VIUFA members’ concerns to the Pension Advisory Committee about the College Pension Plan;
- Regularly attend pension-related educational events (e.g. the annual SHARE conference);
- Participate in the promotion of defined benefit plans as a way to ensure that all people can retire with a secure and decent retirement income;
- Attend Executive and General Membership Meetings;
- Represent VIUFA on other committees or at meetings as requested by the President and VIUFA Executive; and
- Report at Executive meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
0 Sections of Release