From the VIUFA Terms of Reference:
The Professional Development Committee shall seek ways and means of providing meaningful experiences to the faculty that will promote intellectual growth and higher morale, thus leading to increased effectiveness in teaching.
- chair meetings of their committee;
- attend meetings of their FPSE committee; and
- report on the activities of their committee to the Executive and to general meetings as required.
- Endeavour to form a committee with a minimum of 3 VIUFA members (including the Chair), and meet at least twice annually;
- Accept and organize grant submissions, and later inform recipients of approval or decline;
- Chair a committee meeting twice a year for grant submissions and approval;
- Attend FPSE’s Professional & Scholarly Development Standing Committee Fall meeting;
- Attend FPSE’s Annual Spring Conference (and possibly sit on subcommittee for current issues being examined and reviewed);
- Monitor budget for grants throughout the year;
- Attend Executive and General Membership Meetings;
- Represent VIUFA on other committees or at meetings as requested by the President and VIUFA Executive; and
- Report at Executive meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
0 Sections of Release