LETTER OF UNDERSTANDING #17: EDUCATIONAL ADVISING
- All seniority accrued by employees in “Educational Counseling” will be transferred to “Educational Advising”.
- Employees who have split appointments and/or assignments will continue to accrue seniority in their appropriate seniority groups.
- The qualification for ‘Counsellor’ can be distinguished from the qualification for ‘Advisor’.
- The University may distinguish the two professions in terms of its internal organization and services to the University community.
- It is to be noted that these two professional designations may also be used within these additional seniority groups: “Access Services”, “International Education Student Advising”, “First Nations Student Services”.
The roles and salary levels of employees will not change as a result of the implementation of these changes.