NOTES RE INITIAL SALARY PLACEMENT:
- Initial salary placement will take place upon appointment. Upon reappointment of non-regular faculty, salary placement will not take place unless such reappointment occurs more than one academic year after the expiry of the last non-regular
- Experience directly related to primary assignment will include: teaching for those employed as instructors, counselling when employed as a counsellor, all librarian assignments for those employed as librarians, and all experience as a technician for those employed as technicians.
- Research at the post-Doctoral level, and/or senior administrative experience in the field of hire or in the public education sector will be included as experience directly related to primary assignment.
- Teaching assistantships or other similar teaching assignments done while working on a Master’s or PhD will not be given extra credit unless the teaching assignment constitutes a full-time workload.
- Part-time teaching experience will be pro-rated based on a two-semester teaching year. Other part-time work experience will be pro-rated based on a 35 hour work week and 12-month year. In no event shall more than one year experience credit be granted for experience in any 12-month period.
- Teaching of non-credit courses is not included.
- The decimal fraction of a year’s experience leading to initial salary placement will not be carried forward to salary incremental progression.
- Only credentials from accredited institutions will be recognized when awarding initial minimum placement and for incremental progression based on completion of Master’s or Doctorate degrees.
- The decision of the Salaries Placement Appeals Committee is final.
DESCRIPTION OF EXPERIENCE CREDIT CALCULATION: