From the VIUFA Terms of Reference:
The University Budget Analysis Committee Chair, working with his/her committee, and utilizing data available, will analyze budgetary and other financial decisions made by the University.
- chair meetings of their committee; and
- report on the activities of their committee to the Executive and to general meetings as required.
- Endeavour to form a committee with a minimum of 3 VIUFA members (including the Chair), and meet at least twice annually;
- With the Committee, collect information on the operations and activities of Vancouver Island University pertinent to its ability to meet its financial responsibilities;
- In the event of proposed lay-offs of VIUFA members, prepare material for the activities outlined in the Collective Agreement Articles 220.127.116.11, etc., including making recommendations to the Executive regarding actions the University may take, alternative to lay-offs, to remediate the budgetary shortfall;
- Attend Executive and General Membership Meetings;
- Represent VIUFA on other committees or at meetings as requested by the President and VIUFA Executive; and
- Report at Executive meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
1 Section of Release