Deadline Approaching: VIUFA Union Activism Fund ($10,000 available)
Attention: VIUFA is now accepting proposals for its Union Activism Fund
To support VIUFA members in leading, facilitating, and building access to projects focused on strengthening our capacity, VIUFA has created a $10,000 fund and is currently soliciting proposals from interested members. This money is available to any member interested in developing increased awareness and bringing about progressive solutions to critical issues facing the post-secondary sector and its faculty associations. Any VIUFA member can apply for up to $2000 in funding by submitting a proposal by March 6, 2023. Division of the fund into portions unique to proposals is possible, depending on the number, quality, and relevance of applications.
The fund will support projects that focus broadly on themes related to social justice, decolonization and reconciliation.
Proposals should focus on honouring diverse cultural approaches, collectivity, solidarity, and creating spaces that are inclusive, respectful, and educational.
Areas of interest could include:
- institutional racism
- deconstructing colonial ideologies
- addressing unbalanced power dynamics
- human rights
- gender equity
- labour rights
- valuing diverse Indigenous ways of knowing
- revitalizing relationships in the VIU community
- $10,000 is available annually, drawn from the VIUFA annual budget
- the event/project/initiative spending must be completed by March 31, 2023
- the award is maintained by the VIUFA Executive, and its Selections Committee
Deadline: Submit your application to email@example.com by March 6.
Proposal must include: project description, budget, letter of support:
|Description of project/event/initiative that:
|Budget of project/event/initiative that:
|Letter of Support:
For more information, contact Eliza Gardiner, Status of Women and Gender Representative, VIUFA